Schogel and Fardo Family Medicine wants to wish you and your family a
Here are few helpful Holiday Tips for avoiding the 'Holiday Germs'
- Wash your hands - Spend at least 20 seconds washing your hands with soap and water. Use an alcohol-based sanitizer, if water and soap are not available.
- Get your ZZZ's - Sleep helps to boost your immune system.
- Prepare holiday meals safely - Keep ready to eat food separate from raw food, like seafood and poultry. Use a food thermometer to check the ideal internal temperature of your cooked meat.
- Beware of the buffet - Food left out for extended periods can harbor bacteria, causing food poisoning. Pay particular attention to how long cooked food has been sitting out.
- Wipe away germs - Use disinfecting wipes anywhere you might touch to avoid picking up germs.
- Hydrate - Many people forget to hydrate with water during the Holiday festivities.
Our office hours will be slightly modified during the Holiday Season, but feel free to call our office anytime to schedule a appointment or speak to our office staff.