Genesis Medical Associates is a top-notch provider of primary care services located in Pittsburgh, PA. From family doctors and pediatricians to specialist referrals, our team at Genesis Medical Associates provides comprehensive care to their patients. Primary care is an important part of any individual's health regimen, so finding the right doctor is essential. Genesis Medical Associates is proud to serve a wide array of areas surrounding Pittsburgh, PA. Whether you choose Koman and Kimmell Family Practice or any of our other primary care locations, you can rest assured you are in good hands at Genesis Medical Associates.
Primary Care At Genesis Medical Associates
One of the standout features of Genesis Medical Associates is the team-based approach to patient care. All members of your healthcare team are in constant communication with one another, so if your doctor or nurse practitioner has started addressing a particular health concern, that information will be shared among all team members for better continuity of care.
At Genesis Medical Associates, same-day appointments are available for both new and existing patients so that urgent medical concerns can be addressed quickly. You'll get prompt attention from experienced healthcare professionals without having to wait weeks for an appointment.
At Genesis Medical Associates, your health plan is tailored to meet your specific needs as well as those of any dependents you may have. Your plan will include preventive measures like:
- Diagnosis and treatment options.
- Counseling on nutrition and lifestyle change.
- Referral to specialists when needed.
- Management of chronic conditions.
- Imaging tests such as X-rays.
- Medication therapies.
These are only a few of the services that you can receive as a primary care patient at Genesis Medical Associates. No matter what is concerning you, our physicians are here to help.
The Koman And Kimmel Family Practice
The Koman and Kimmel Family Practice is led by a team of highly skilled and friendly healthcare professionals, dedicated to providing quality medical care for their patients. Their wide range of services includes everything from preventive care and vaccinations to physicals and chronic condition management. The staff at this location take the time to get to know their patients and get a full picture of their medical history and current health needs. You can choose from experienced providers like:
- Joseph K. Kimmell, DO - Joseph Kimmell, DO, a Family Medicine physician, is board certified by the American Osteopathic Board of Family Physicians. Dr. Kimmell has been with Genesis Medical Associates since 2007 and currently serves on its Board of Directors. Dr. Kimmell was born and raised in the Pittsburgh area. Dr. Kimmell is married and has two children. As a DO, Dr. Kimmel has been trained to apply a holistic approach to patient care that allows him to integrate the patient into the healthcare process as a partner.
- Christopher G. Koman, MD, CMD, FAAFP - Dr. Christopher Koman is a highly-qualified family physician and has been part of the Genesis Medical Associates team since 1998. He received his Doctorate of Medicine from the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine and completed his residency in family medicine at UPMC-Shadyside, making him board certified by the American Board of Family Medicine. Additionally, he is a certified medical director in long-term care by the American Medical Directors Association and holds the title of Fellow for the American Academy of Family Medicine. He also has academic appointments with both the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine and Duquesne University's School of Nursing. As well as being on staff at AHN-Allegheny General Hospital and UPMC-Passavant, Dr. Koman is also the medical director for Vincentian Home and Vincentian Personal Care, while his practice is recognized as a Level III Patient-Centered Medical Home by the National Committee for Quality Assurance. Outside of work, Dr. Koman is married with four children, actively engaged in parish activity, and giving back to his community. His professional interests include family medicine, geriatrics, healthcare quality, and more.
- Jesse Vincent Gabriel, MD - Jesse Vincent Gabriel, MD is a graduate of the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine and holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Molecular Biology from Washington and Jefferson College. He is also a member of the American Academy of Family Physicians. While remaining active in the US Army, he was appointed as PCMH Team Leader and given the rank of Captain through direct commission.
- Justin Capek, DNP, CRNP - Justin Capek is an experienced nurse and charge nurse who dedicated seven years to Allegheny Health Network's Forbes Hospital. He is a graduate of the University of South Carolina, living with his family in O'Hara Township. His nursing degree was obtained from West Penn Hospital, while he holds a B.S. and Doctor of Nursing Practice from the University of Pittsburgh. As a member of Sigma Theta Tau, Justin served as a volunteer for the Greater Pittsburgh Leukemia & Lymphoma Society for many years. Currently, he is practicing at the Koman and Kimmell Family Medicine office in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Janelle Heine, DNP, CRNP - Janelle C Heine, DNP, RN is a Family Nurse Practitioner at Genesis Medical Associates. She completed her DNP-FNP program at Robert Morris University as a former critical care nurse in a Surgical Intensive Care Unit. Janelle now practices at the Koman and Kimmell Family Medicine office in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Sarah E. Henry, DNP, CRNP, FNP-BC - Sarah E. Henry, DNP, CRNP is a Family Nurse Practitioner who has recently joined Genesis Medical Associates. She earned her DNP-FNP at Robert Morris University in Moon Township. Before that, she was a Nurse Practitioner for Allegheny Health Network. Sarah currently practices at the Koman and Kimmell Family Medicine office in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Tiffany Zajacs, CRNP - Tiffany Zajacs is a graduate of both Clarion and Edinboro Universities with over 9 years of nursing experience, including a period of service at Genesis' Northern Area Family Practice in McCandless Township. Tiffany volunteers for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and resides with her family in Cranberry Township. She can be found practicing as a Family Nurse Practitioner at the Koman and Kimmell Family Medicine office, located in Pittsburgh, PA.
With experienced and knowledgeable staff, Genesis Medical Associates has become a go-to for those looking for exceptional care and service. No matter which provider you choose, the care team at Koman and Kimmell Family Practice is here to help you receive comprehensive care.
Genesis Medical Associates is a premier provider of healthcare in Pittsburgh, PA. From comprehensive family medical practices to dedicated volunteer work within the community, Genesis Medical Associates is committed to providing outstanding care to their patients every day. If you are looking for a new doctor, don't hesitate to reach out to the Genesis Medical Associates providers at any of our various locations.
Genesis Medical Associates is dedicated to providing families with access to primary care and improving the overall health and wellness of our patients. We offer a variety of services including primary care, gynecologic care, cardiology, telemedicine, and more. Visit one of our many Pittsburgh, PA locations or schedule an appointment online today.